Friday 10 July 2009

MyToday is no more reliable

I started using MyToday SMS alert services by subscribing to few services two years back. It was very much reliable in the beginning. Time sense was so appreciable that it was sending alerts at exact time. But now, it is not older MyToday.

Kalnirnay- daily calendar alerts may not reach you most of the days. Some days you will get it in the morning, on other days you might get it in the evening for next day. It is just an example. So I don’t read the SMS that tells it is from MyToday most of the time. SMS alerts from Google are found more accurate and friendly. Not even with a single disturbing ad. I have subscribed to few Google SMS alerts that start with Google like GoogleNews, GoogleNewsTechnology and so on. They all come at a time thrice a day, so that I need not to look at my inbox every time when every message comes. Once you open the inbox, about five different alerts will be ready to read.

I am happy with the Google alert, so tried to stop MyToday alert. There I found another way of fooling the users. MyToday often changes its number. I could not even unsubscribe for the alerts. When I tried to do so, it reverses back with the message ‘this service is not available’.

Another interesting incident should be shared with you. I got a message from MyToday that if I subscribe for REC44, I will get my mobile freely recharged. So I sent the message START REC44 to 9945499454 to see what it is. Immediately I was replied with a message that my mobile will be recharged within 72 hours and with a request to tell it to my friends. Already MyToday has lost its reliability, I decided to wait for 72 hours and then can tell to everyone if it really works. It was not recharged even after a week. Instead they started sending promotional messages at midnight 1.30am of some fake, span websites related to earn 100$ per day using your internet connection. Later I came to know this is a Mob and not a controlled alert. But as subscribing to mob or a alert is same one may not differentiate what it is. Fed up with this, when I tried STOP REC44 to the same number just after a week, it did not work. Think before subscribing MyToday.

Related Article: Google SMS channels thrash MyToday?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ya......u r absolutely rite....
i am also facing same problem..
getting 3-4 messages daily,,..pls let me knw hw to syop if u come to knw...

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am Amit, a developer in Netcore solutions, the parent body of MyToday sms. Thank you for your feedback and we really appreciate the time you have taken to pen down your problems. Its our contiuous endeavour to serve our customers the best we can, but still there are factors which does not lie in our hand. Anyways, we will take a note of it and try to resolve it as soon as possible.

However, I would like to clear a few things about MyToday from your post, in a sequential manner.
- Because of humongous growth of Mytoday services, in terms of customers, channels and contents, the operators become wary of us and tried to block our services in numerous ways possible(They blocked our shortcodes,longcodes, they restrained messages being send to our shortcode etc.). But still we are up and will always be.
-Google alerts are timely. If you have subscribed to their alerts when they have started the service in India, you must have experienced, that the same alerts lands in your inbox several times which was quite annoying and irritating. I just want to point that, every service has its ups and down and there are again many factors governing, which are sometimes not in our hands.
-Stopping MyToday service. I already mentioned that we are facing a lot of problems while dealing with the operators. Its because of this that we have to continuously change our shortcode. We, in continuous interval, do advertise the no, to which start/stop our service and you can always visit mytodaysms.com for all the informations.
-About REC44: This is not a service provided by MyToday but cheap tactics evolved by rival companies to degrade MyToday services. MyToday never has any offer to provide free recharges.

MyToday never tries to fool its users and never tries to spam them. The 4 million+ consumers are a result of it. Anyways if you have any further queries, please feel free to mail me at amit.kumar@netcore.co.in

Thanks,
Amit

Search Rising Indian


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...