Sunday 2 January 2011

No more numbers please!!

My daily life with numbers starts with my logging into the bank’s core banking solution software. Just entering of my employee ID does not matter more. As the sun of the day gets older and older the dealing with the numbers associated with us gets more difficult.

Somebody comes and asks me what my contact number is. I do not want everybody to have my mobile number. So have to search for what my office land line number is? Out of many landlines, through which I can be reached? Till today I do not know! I could be the same case for many of you!

Chat from the HR department asks me to give my PAN card number. Permanent Account Number is just number you must remember as soon as you start earning!

And my mother calls me to recharge her Dish TV viewing card. Dish TV toll free is saved in my mobile and I call them. IVR asks me to enter lengthy VC number. You can not remember such an idiotic number. If I do not remember it is also OK with the mobile number I have registered. But I do not remember which mobile number I have given for them out of my three mobile phone numbers.

Then I prefer recharging online. It asks some log in ID, it is there in my gmail, search for it and enter to login. Easy job! Later it asks for my credit card number. Again 16 digits, CVV number is of three digits, and a VBV password. All are numbers!

I often forget to recharge my prepaid mobile until it gets completely used. If it is online recharge, again you should remember your debit card or credit card number or for internet banking you should remember your log in number different for different banks. And they also ask you to not to write it down!!

The SMS from BSNL reminds- your bPhone is due for payment for bill number so and so. I need to remember another user number or customer number and some passwords that must be changed in every 90 days. When the online transactions are not successful, you need to call the customer care of the bank or the mobile service provider! You have to tell him at least 10 digit account number, transaction number, mobile number, SIM number, mobile handset number, EMI number…… whatever the number he might ask for! You might be having account with five banks, then you brain will be full of useless numbers

To see the present portfolio of my very small investments in shares I have to again remember two different numbers. Log in ID and log in pin. It’s good now, only two number. Otherwise, remembering DPN id, client ID and the phone number of the stock broker was more troublesome.

When the result of my exam declared, I need to enter my enrollment number. I don’t remember my IGNOU MBA roll number. Whenever the result comes, I need to find my hall ticket of ID card.

Voting is your right and duty. For this simple reason you should get your some random numbered voting card and also serial number in that voting booth.

Breaking traffic signal is my bad habit. Police asks for vehicle number along with the driving license.

Another thing is these numbers might be of no important for you. You might have used your vehicle number once in six months. But second person, who is asking for such numbers expect you to compulsorily remember these numbers. Otherwise all these people will suspect you. Policeman may start interrogating you whose vehicle is it? Bank people may start thinking you might not be the true owner of the card.

Is it possible to have minimal number of numbers for all these?

How can you expect a person to remember such a huge number of numbers

3 comments:

Shweta said...

Good writeup!

MOHAN K V said...

hmmmm... nice.
And also in cloth shops asking for your size of the shirt or the pant, sometimes remembering just 2 digits is also difficult na...

veeresh sajjan said...

yeah u are ryt mohan.... even i have to remember my 7 cell numbers including my 2 master demo e recharge pin number, and e pulse password which is also in number.

Search Rising Indian


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...