Saturday 28 January 2012

Online Shopping- in the way of making life more easy

I was in Hyderabad for the first time. Accommodation provided by the organization was away from the city and I did not know anything about the city. I had planned to visit some place the second day. I was shocked to know my 4 GB SanDisk Memory card of the camera was not working. It was showing memory of 1.3 TB and unable to format or recover. My schedule was little tight and I knew it could not be a fair excuse to go away from the schedule to go in hunt of new memory card. I had a good experience with Flipkart earlier to this. They had delivered most of my orders within a day. I believed in them and placed an order in the evening. The Flipkart Cash on Delivery guy was at the door of my office by 11 A.M that is 5 hrs before the 24 hours of my order.

I should appreciate Flipkart.com for bringing the change in the dimensions of the online shopping in India. Earlier to Flipkart, e-bay, India Times, Rediff Shopping were present and unable to attract the customer, may be due to the inferior quality brands they were selling through third parties. I always felt the business with these players were not as reliable as the Flipkart. Even today though Naptol, SBI Card Mega mall like shopping sites tries to provide the same materials at cheaper price due to the third party participation I never bought anything from them.

I have also tried with infibeam.com and letsbuy.com. Prices in both the shopping sites are very competitive to any of the others. But the delivery time is very high compared to Flipkart. Infibeam delivered few books in the interior city of Karnataka in 10 days were Flipkart within 3 days through courier. I purchased electronic items both with the Flipkart and Letsbuy, Flipkart COD was delivered in 1 day where Letsbuy took 7 days to deliver on COD. Advantage with the flipkart is that in all the major cities it has its own delivery services. The flipkarts self delivery service is really appreciable. Once I had doubt about the product packed due the way they have packed, the delivery guy of fliplkart asked me to open and confirm the product, and otherwise I can return without paying the amount. This can not be expected from the courier services employed by others.

Now my most of the Electronics, Durables, Home appliances and very importantly books are purchased online. I never experience the under quality products, cheating or frauds as some of my friends are frightened to do online shopping. I can even compare, read the reviews and compare prices in online shopping as against conventional shopping. It is really a hassle free.

No comments:

Search Rising Indian


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...